Shift Differential for Nights and Weekends!
Performs phlebotomy and collection procedures and processes related to the collection of whole blood (and/or blood components) from donors according to the organization’s policies and procedures, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, and American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) standards.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Obtains medical history and vitals from donors and/or patients
- Performs phlebotomy and collection procedures to collect blood or blood components
- Displays excellent customer service and professionalism towards all customers
- Assists with the recruitment of potential apheresis, and bone marrow donors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and Designations:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, understand and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to organize work for timely completion
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to speak, write, read, and understand English
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tasks involve the periodic performance of moderately physically demanding work, usually involving lifting, carrying, pushing and/or of moderately heavy objects and materials (up to 50 pounds). Tasks that require moving objects of significant weight require the assistance of another person and/or use of proper techniques and moving equipment. Tasks may involve some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, walking, standing, and manual dexterity in the operating of phlebotomy equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Functions are regularly performed inside and/or outside with potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as inclement weather, atmospheric elements and pathogenic substances. Performance of this job could expose the employee to blood-borne pathogens. Employee will experience close/small work spaces on mobile unit buses. Vibration and motion are common on mobile unit buses. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Apply For This Position