Performs tasks related to the manufacturing and/or distribution duties for the management of whole blood and blood components, in compliance with OneBlood standard operating procedures.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Manufactures, stores and distributes blood and blood products
- Performs data entry associated with component production, labeling, storage and shipping ensuring accurate and complete manufacturing records
- Operates, maintains and performs quality control checks on equipment
- Ensures suitability and accurate labeling of products for release and distribution
- Performs the quarantine and disposition of unacceptable products and/or samples
- Ensures adequate inventory of required supplies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and proficient computer skills. Prior laboratory and/or blood bank experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and Designations:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize work for timely completion
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to speak, write, read and understand English
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Skill in operating office equipment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Tasks involve the periodic performance of moderately physically demanding work, usually involving lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (up to 50 pounds). Tasks that require moving objects of significant weight require the assistance of another person and/or use of proper techniques and moving equipment. Tasks may involve some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Functions are regularly performed inside and/or outside with potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as inclement weather, atmospheric elements and pathogenic substances. Performance of this job could expose the employee to blood-borne pathogens. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply For This Position